Afterlife 2!

General discussion about Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey and a place to share hints, tips and help with other players. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Afterlife 2!

Post by Aloshi »

I just started playing it today (two days late, argh!), and I find it to be very neat! Much different than the original Afterlife, and I like how it somewhat feels like an RPG (Cutscenes and Lore), and the umbrella is lots of fun to use.

The controls are hard to get used to. One question, I landed on top of one of those slide-rope-things, and I couldn't figure out how to get down from it (I didn't feel like climbing back up to the top of it), and eventually I just fell off (into a pit of death). It didn't bother me that much, but is there a way to jump from the top of a rope to sliding along the bottom?

The idol thing was a pain the first time (I kept going back for the flying cap before fighting, though now that I see the level's path, I might've been able to have skipped the idol), but once I figured out the pattern to use (wait until it shoots, focus on dodging/not jumping into it, then throw a bomb) some time later, it was very satisfying when it finally died. And the level success sound is very rewarding, or at least it is to me. :)

I haven't played through very much yet, but I really do enjoy it (and I hope I don't sound too critical, having only done the tutorial and three levels!). I hope I'll be able to finish this one (Since I'm one of those silly people who only finished the first and second realm of the original), and I like how there's less of a focus on being perfect. It does take a while to load levels though (of course, all retries are near-instant, so it's not that bad when you die).

Thanks for another great game!

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Afterlife 2!

Post by Ryan »

Um... Sorry, this is a very late response! Not sure how I somehow completely missed this post before? 8|
Aloshi wrote: One question, I landed on top of one of those slide-rope-things, and I couldn't figure out how to get down from it (I didn't feel like climbing back up to the top of it), and eventually I just fell off (into a pit of death). It didn't bother me that much, but is there a way to jump from the top of a rope to sliding along the bottom?
No, there's not, I'm afraid. That having been said, you shouldn't be able to fall off the rope either, so I'll hope this is something in the first version that was fixed by the tighter collision-detection in the updates!
Aloshi wrote: I haven't played through very much yet, but I really do enjoy it
Thanks for another great game!
Thank you - really glad you enjoy it, and thanks for playing. :)

Ryan