About luck and dope addiction

General discussion about Evowok Breeder and a place to seek or offer hints, tips and help. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
CryptRat
Magic Number 7
Magic Number 7

About luck and dope addiction

Post by CryptRat » June 15th, 2017, 10:33 am

Hi guys, I'd like to have your opinion about something.

I'm currently addicted to dope, and my bravado is more or less stuck to 0 so I'm bad at everything and especially at catching evowoks. So I need to do something.
It seems the doctors, the herbalist or the old witch won't help me. There's a big probabibilty I missed something, but I currently have two options :
- first option : the game vaguely states I should take more dope, well that's addiction after all, but obviously it could only get even worse.
- Second option : doing nothing and expect that the addiction will dissipate, and I'll try a little more with this option, but that does not seem to work.
Considering I choose to take more dope until some very probable fail state, do you think that I'll just die or that my current 10 luck score will help me and I'll finally face some bad consequence but then a doctor or someone else will be able to help me getting back to normal or something?
Because if I'm going to die, I'd better continue to play this way, even if it's making things way harder.

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Re: About luck and dope addiction

Post by *starshine* » June 16th, 2017, 8:14 am

Hi :) I haven't had this happen (not enough experiementation I guess!) but my guess would be that if you just go cold turkey (i.e. stop taking the dope) then it'll wear off. That's what happens when you get drunk on alcohol. Then you'll just need to build your bravado up again. I can't believe you'd die from something like this, especially not if you have 10 luck!

CryptRat
Magic Number 7
Magic Number 7

Post by CryptRat » June 16th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Thanks, what exactly happens is that when I'm walking on the world map then every 15 seconds or so I get a message saying I'm down and a taple-leaf should help and I lose 5 bravado points. And when I smoke a taple-leaf then it delays the next message (I guess, it's very near so I can't be sure), but it does not seem to get even worse.

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Post by *starshine* » July 15th, 2017, 3:08 pm

In case you get a drug addiction again, I think I found someone in Paste who can help you get over it... It's an old man in a house there, he says he can help people get off the powder. Not sure if it would work for taper leaf as well, but maybe.

Jona
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Post by Jona » July 15th, 2017, 9:44 pm

I believe you are right, he lives in the south east house. Talked to him earlier