Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson v1.7 released!

News and updates about Afterlife 3: Legends Of Rickard Bronson - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson v1.7 released!

Post by Ryan » February 1st, 2014, 3:58 pm

After several months of work, I'm very happy to announce the release of Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson version 1.7, a massive update to the game, with a huge amount of major revisions and new content, including entirely new missions and even a whole new Zone for Rickard (and Raymond!) to explore!

As well as focusing heavily on early and late game balance with this update, I've also heavily revised the handling and response of combat mechanics, especially the Deadly Hunting Umbrella, which is now far more accurate, consistent and intuitive to control, though more limited in its overall power, a change which I feel really makes for more skilled, enjoyable combat, especially combined with the ability to head-stomp enemies as part of combo attacks, leading to fast-paced decision-making in tight situations! As a result, I'd recommend that existing pros take a refresher on DHU-use to get used to the new controls - the Target Tower and The Last Stand minigames are a great place for this! ;)
As always, a full list of changes is available at the game's history page.

Personally, I think this is very much the best, tightest and most balanced version of the game yet, and should hopefully be a big step towards making it closer to the game it deserves to be - but of course, please do play and see what you think! And as always, if you have any comments, thoughts, questions, suggestions or other feedback, please do post below to let me know! Have fun! :)
Ryan