Afterlife: Rickard's Quest version 1.10.5

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife: Rickard's Quest version 1.10.5

Post by Ryan » October 3rd, 2014, 12:16 pm

Hello all, just a quick update to announce the release of Afterlife: Rickard's Quest version 1.10.5, which fixes a bug causing the game to run fast on some systems, and also hopefully improves framerate consistency in general across different hardware.

As always, please post below with any further comments, questions or suggestions! :)

Ryan

Grave_mire
Magic Number 40
Magic Number 40

Re: Afterlife: Rickard's Quest version 1.10.5

Post by Grave_mire » May 7th, 2015, 7:58 pm

Afterlife wrote:Afterlife encountered an error (#-2005396990)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSIGwnP-3zA on 54:20.

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » May 7th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Grave_mire wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSIGwnP-3zA on 54:20.
:wtf:

Hmm. The error code seems to suggest that this bug relates to the game's music functions (the crash happens in the video at exactly the point at which the music loops, which probably isn't coincidence). I'll look into this and try to discover the cause. Thanks for the report and video. :)

PS: I'm afraid I barely speak a word of Russian, so most of the running commentary throughout your videos is lost on me, but the noise you make when the game crashes says it all. ;)

Ryan

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » August 7th, 2015, 2:16 pm

Grave_mire wrote:
Just to update on this, this bug is now found and fixed. Actually, it was an extreme result of a general problem with the music engine, which had some errors in its handling of the game being paused. I have a few additional things I'm planning to fix and improve before I release an update (like allowing the game to be minimised by tabbing out to Windows; and also possibly the option to use the mouse buttons as controls for the bombs and DHU, which I think would be cool), but one will be along sometime soon. :)

Thanks again for the report!

Ryan