Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.11.9

News and updates about Afterlife 3: Legends Of Rickard Bronson - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here.
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.11.9

Post by Ryan » April 13th, 2017, 2:58 pm

With many thanks to Grave_mire for all the helpful bug reports, this post is to announce the release of Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.11.9, which fixes quite a few issues, including some serious ones:
  • Fixed serious bug causing frequent crashes while generating missions.
  • Fixed serious issue causing the game to hang when generating certain missions in the Flooded Ruins Zone.
  • Fixed serious bug causing the game to crash when destroying an abomination egg.
  • Fixed bug causing some missions in the Cloud Heaven Zone to be generated without mission objectives.
  • Fixed bug causing some Story Codes not to work.
  • Fixed several small bugs potentially causing inconsistency when replaying certain Acts using Story Codes.
  • Fixed bug causing certain hellion to be erroneously vulnerable upon spawning.
  • Fixed minor tiling bugs affecting Mystic Caverns Zone and Hidden Garden Zone.
  • Fixed/improved some minor details related to mission objective positioning in all Zones.
  • New achievements are now saved when accomplished during an adventure (to help protect against lost progress in the event of an unexpected computer shutdown during play).
  • The Progress list can now be sorted in either ascending or descending order using the Tab key (descending by default).
  • The exit portal will now relocate if blocked from materialising at the completion of a mission.
  • Made small tweaks to slightly increase late-game difficulty gradient.
  • Tweaked timing of vision controls.
  • It is now possible to use the hot air balloon in all standard missions!
  • Green spooks now carry from one to three young, rather than two.
  • Slightly altered behaviour and increased life total of constructors.
  • The Mystic Caverns Zone is no longer always swathed in darkness!
  • Additional minor tweaks to Act generation in Mystic Caverns Zone.
  • Minor tweaks to briefing text formatting.
  • Various additional minor and miscellaneous code and efficiency updates and improvements.
The update can be downloaded here: www.rjbsoftware.uk/afterlife3/download
And the full changelog is available to peruse in the usual location: www.rjbsoftware.uk/afterlife3/history

A further update featuring some new content is also planned in the near future. As always, please do feel welcome to post below with any further bug reports, comments, thoughts, questions or suggestions. :)

Have fun!

Ryan

Grave_mire
Magic Number 40
Magic Number 40

Re: Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.11.9

Post by Grave_mire » April 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm

1). Snow and sand folk bosses do not attack me when I on baloon
2). The spook tribes reputation may be fill up at once
3). Sometimes stan idols may be stay but they dissaper from target

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » April 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm

Grave_mire wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 2:45 pm
1). Snow and sand folk bosses do not attack me when I on baloon
Ah, good spot! This is now fixed for the next update. :)
Grave_mire wrote:
Hmm... Do you mean that your reputation with the spook tribes is fully negative (or positive?) from the start of an adventure? Or when using Story Codes? Or that it fills fully one way or the other after a completing a mission?
Grave_mire wrote:
3). Sometimes stan idols may be stay but they dissaper from target
Do you mean that the remaining mission targets have decreased even when a target hasn't been destroyed? Do you have a Story Code for a mission where you've seen this?

Ryan

Grave_mire
Magic Number 40
Magic Number 40

Post by Grave_mire » April 27th, 2017, 3:04 pm

2).
Ryan wrote:
April 17th, 2017, 8:16 pm
(or positive?)
Ryan wrote:
Or that it fills fully one way or the other after a completing a mission?
3).
Ryan wrote:
Do you mean that the remaining mission targets have decreased even when a target hasn't been destroyed?
Yes
Ryan wrote:
Do you mean that the remaining mission targets have decreased even when a target hasn't been destroyed?
I will not find now. It's happened when a block fall near

4). I playing it for two weeks. And... It's freezed!!!
52763107538b4014a61f52e994a24e7c.png
52763107538b4014a61f52e994a24e7c.png (11.67 KiB) Viewed 368 times
In adventure log:
ACT II (Story Code: DKBBKIHKCKIKFKBKGEAEGLFBJFDBCF)
"Regnus Script Error: Mismatched Or Unclosed Expression!
Regnus Script Error: Invalid Group Name!
Regnus Script Error: Unclosed Hidden Text Brackets!
"

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » April 28th, 2017, 1:20 am

Grave_mire wrote:
April 27th, 2017, 3:04 pm
In adventure log:
ACT II (Story Code: DKBBKIHKCKIKFKBKGEAEGLFBJFDBCF)
"Regnus Script Error: Mismatched Or Unclosed Expression!
Regnus Script Error: Invalid Group Name!
Regnus Script Error: Unclosed Hidden Text Brackets!"
Ah, sorry, and thanks for reporting - I've found and fixed this ready for the next release. :)
Grave_mire wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Yes I will not find now. It's happened when a block fall near
A block fell nearby but didn't destroy the idol? Is it possible that another idol elsewhere in the area was destroyed (by a falling block or a hellion), causing the counter to decrease? Do you remember which Zone this was in?
Grave_mire wrote:
I'm afraid I'm still not sure I understand this problem. Is it possible that you could you describe the issue in a little more detail, please?
Grave_mire wrote:
Chapter 87
8| Wow! That's quite a high chapter! I wonder what strategy you're using to get so far?

Ryan

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » April 28th, 2017, 8:24 pm

Update:

I've just released update 1.12, with fixes for the more serious issues above. I've not managed to find or recreate the remaining two problems, but please do let me know if you do see these problems again, or encounter any further issues. :)

Ryan

Grave_mire
Magic Number 40
Magic Number 40

Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.12

Post by Grave_mire » April 29th, 2017, 5:02 pm

Ryan wrote:
April 28th, 2017, 1:20 am
A block fell nearby but didn't destroy the idol?
Yes
Ryan wrote:
Is it possible that another idol elsewhere in the area was destroyed (by a falling block or a hellion), causing the counter to decrease?
No, because after that I destroyed it and the counter did not decrease
Ryan wrote:
Do you remember which Zone this was in?
Flooded ruins
Ryan wrote:
I'm afraid I'm still not sure I understand this problem. Is it possible that you could you describe the issue in a little more detail, please?
I don't killed any spook in act. But reputation increased fully rather than quarter
Ryan wrote:
8| Wow! That's quite a high chapter! I wonder what strategy you're using to get so far?
Before chapter 35 I don't used any strategy. Then I just started to gain the maximum amount of mana and buy up the traits

And when I playing for brother Raymond I cannot swim out from water if my KI is ended

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » April 29th, 2017, 11:30 pm

Hmm... Okay, that's interesting. Thanks for the information - I'll try to see if I can find/recreate these issues.

Haha, and I may also have to consider putting some more thought into late-game balance too, by the sound of it! ;)

Ryan

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.12

Post by Ryan » April 30th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Grave_mire wrote:
April 29th, 2017, 5:02 pm
Ryan wrote:
I don't killed any spook in act. But reputation increased fully rather than quarter
A quick query on this: did you kill any other hellion (wraiths, for example) other than spooks while playing this mission?

Ryan

Grave_mire
Magic Number 40
Magic Number 40

Re: Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson update 1.12

Post by Grave_mire » April 30th, 2017, 9:25 pm

Ryan wrote:
April 30th, 2017, 4:33 pm
A quick query on this: did you kill any other hellion (wraiths, for example) other than spooks while playing this mission?
It's happened three times, I don't remember

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » May 2nd, 2017, 10:29 pm

Okay. I suspect that this might have been caused by a slight over-emphasis that exists on reputation accrued through killing hellion of one faction in another faction's territory. This will be rebalanced in a future update. :)
Grave_mire wrote:
April 29th, 2017, 5:02 pm
And when I playing for brother Raymond I cannot swim out from water if my KI is ended
This is simply because Raymond's second jump requires his ki powers, so he can only make a short hop out from water if his ki is fully depleted. The best thing is just to try to avoid going for a swim when your ki is exhausted. ;)

However, there is a slight bug in that it is currently possible to use the Levitation trait when swimming, which unnecessarily depletes your ki. That will be fixed for the next update.

I still haven't managed to find/recreate the issue causing the mission targets to decrease erroneously, but I'll keep looking and probably release a small update if I do find this.

Thanks again for all the reports, anyway. :)

Ryan