Afterlife v1.4 out now!

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife v1.4 out now!

Post by Ryan » October 30th, 2005, 11:40 pm

Hello all,

As you've probably guessed from the title of this post, the latest update to Afterlife, Version 1.4.0, is now available, incorporating a massive list of tweaks, bugfixes, and new features. A full list of changes is available in the usual place (the Afterlife History Page), and I'd suggest you take a look, so that you can make sure you take full advantage of all the improvements. ;)

Most notable, of course, is the fan-requested addition of the ability to record and distribute replays, so please feel free to post recordings of yourself in action, to show off your skills. ;)

One final note, before you run off to download it: it's recommended that you uninstall the previous version of the game (though be sure not to delete your save file!) before installing this one, to make sure that the new file system is properly updated.

Have fun!

Regards,
Ryan
Last edited by Ryan on July 21st, 2006, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Post by Aloshi » October 31st, 2005, 2:17 pm

You actually got around to putting in replays!??! :O AWSOME!! Now I just have to wait 'til I get home to download! :D

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » October 31st, 2005, 4:38 pm

Hi Ryan,

I already told you my opinion to the pre-release version, so there hasn't much to be added, I think :). Nice bulky update, with lot of improvements.
Just that I like the replay function and the survival event (suicide mode has to be unlocked) and of course the difficulty reducements in some acts, which helped me to get over the 300 mark ;)

The only thing which is in my opinion still quite elaborate to reach is that level editor (something I've overseen in your message, sorry), of course, there are these new nice features, which make a large part easier (even not everything), but it is still a long way to go up to 400 perfected, even for me, who has now completed more than thee quaters of the game (not perfected), because now I'm facing the most difficult acts of the whole game (which I also often tried to beat earlier). However, it will take some time, until I get to that level editor and I date that event into next year, I think :)

Greetz

Balloony
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Post by Aloshi » November 2nd, 2005, 1:28 pm

OK, I just downloaded it and uninstalled my old one and put in the new save...Yep, it runs I knew it would. :). Anyways, good idea for the recording...though when I ran it, I finished an act, and then I excpected a replay. :P Glad I read over the replay instructions... Anyways, good work Ryan!