Afterlife v1.4.2 out now!

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife v1.4.2 out now!

Post by Ryan » November 11th, 2005, 2:44 pm

Hello all,

Well, there's been a lot of talk about this since the release of v1.4.1, so here's the update, v1.4.2, with all the changes, fixes and improvements that have been requested! :)

Most notable, of course, are the changes to fix all those Suicide Acts which had design flaws making them impossible to perfect (or, in one or two cases, to even complete!), but you'll also find various other little improvements and tweaks, which I think you'll all approve of... ;)

The changes list is available in the usual place, so please feel free to pop over and have a browse to acquaint yourself with all the things you can expect from this update. :)

Regards,
Ryan
Last edited by Ryan on July 21st, 2006, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » November 11th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Well done, Ryan :)

After I saw the newspost, I just went downloading and playing the new version and I was very positively surprised. I came through all (except two because of my own fault ;) ) improved acts without major problems and also really enjoyed that Rickard does not lose his umbrella anymore at certain collision scenarios. The environnement effects in Mindwarp are horrible, but that's well fitting into the Realm theme ;)

Greetz

Balloony
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Cryoburner
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Cryoburner » November 12th, 2005, 3:15 am

I like that new star effect for apotheosis and umbrella combos introduced with version 1.4. It looks nice, and it makes creating a chain of combos more fun. The new Mindwarp effects are a bit hypnotic and distracting, although I suppose that's how they're meant to be. : ) I still haven't tried demo recording yet. : P

Peter
Magic Number 130
Magic Number 130

Post by Peter » November 13th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Well work Ryan!!!