Afterlife v1.5 released

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife v1.5 released

Post by Ryan » November 24th, 2005, 1:51 am

Hello all,

Well, in an attempt to finally put a cap of sorts on the recent spate of Afterlife version updates, here's v1.5, featuring some cool new things to help Rickard in his quest: life bars, for one (thanks for the suggestion, RainMan!), and also some extra little fixes.

You'll also no doubt be pleased to know that this one's been playtested pretty thoroughly, and those of you just approaching the 400* grade will no doubt be no less pleased to know that it is now confirmed beyond doubt that all Acts in the game are perfectable (congratulations, Balloony!) B)

Those of you not yet near that stage can now look forward to the community's experienced players having enough time away from finding all my mistakes (:P) to post some helpful ARPs to get you through those things on which you're stuck. So... Enjoy! :)

Now, back to EB...

Regards,
Ryan
Last edited by Ryan on July 21st, 2006, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cryoburner
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Cryoburner » November 24th, 2005, 5:41 am

I didn't check here for a few days, and missed a few updates. : P

Anyway, things are looking good, and I noticed some welcome control refinements in suicide mode. That new falling animation is rather good, too. Also, the enemy life meters are a nice touch, and it's good to be able to see their official names.

That new balloon rewarded for completing 100 acts is great fun, and it certainly is very helpful on acts with large open areas. As it is, I'm still a fair distance from 300 acts perfected, so it will be some time before I reach 400. Some of these new additions should speed things up a bit though. : )

RainMan
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Post by RainMan » November 24th, 2005, 11:46 am

This is great! Downloading it now. Thanks, Ryan. :)

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » November 24th, 2005, 2:51 pm

Nice!

I just went over to test the improved training acts and it must be said that they're really a lot better than before. Especially that umbrella rejump excercise is very helpful.

The life bars also fit well into the game theme, the name-font is a bit large but this isn't really bothering.

Great work, as always :)

Greetz

Balloony
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Post by Aloshi » November 24th, 2005, 11:50 pm

Seeing as Balloony/Cryo can now have more time to post ARPs, I'll pick up the game again. :P

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » November 28th, 2005, 5:48 pm

@Aloshi
Don't forget to log your progress then ;)
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Post by Aloshi » November 28th, 2005, 9:12 pm

Eh, OK. I'll just embarrass my self...:P. I compleated all I can in all the realms, though... ':|