Afterlife: Rickard's Quest released!

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here.
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife: Rickard's Quest released!

Post by Ryan » December 21st, 2008, 9:29 pm

Dear readers,

As those of you who are regular visitors to this forum will no doubt be aware, I have recently been working on a massive new edition of our flagship game, Afterlife. For the past few weeks, with a lot of help from a great playtesting team (thanks, guys!), all manner of balances, changes and improvements have been made, and all manner of oddities, bugs and issues have been fixed.

So, without further ado, I am very, very pleased to announce the release of Afterlife: Rickard's Quest!

This update makes massive improvements to the gameplay and structure of the game, as well as adding exciting new goodies such as new playable balloons, enemies, and abilities, and can be considered the "ultimate" edition, as it were, of the game; a massive revision which represents the game that I would have liked to have made four years ago, when I released the very first version of Afterlife, had I possessed the experience and abilities to do so.

As some of you may already be aware, a sequel to the game is currently in testing, and this new edition is intended to make sure that the original game is simply as good as it possibly can be before the release of the sequel. To this end, I've put a lot of work into making sure that the game is as balanced and accessible as possible, so whether you've already played and enjoyed the previous version of the game, or whether you tried it and didn't get on with it before, please do give this edition another play and see what you think... :)

If you have any further comment, please feel very welcome to post below, and as always, all the best to everyone, and I hope you have lots of fun with Afterlife: Rickard's Quest! :)

Regards,
Ryan J. Bury
Attachments
Afterlife - Rickard's Quest.png
Afterlife - Rickard's Quest.png (97.23 KiB) Viewed 2431 times