Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey released!

News and updates about Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here.
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey released!

Post by Ryan » May 18th, 2009, 3:25 pm

Hello everyone!

I am very, very pleased to announce today's release of Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey! :)

[/url]

The sequel to Afterlife: Rickard's Quest has been in development for around three years, and I've had some great help from some great people along the way (thanks, guys!) - I'd also like to give a huge thank-you to all the fans of the first game; your support is one of the main things that makes writing a sequel like this so worthwhile. :)

Anyway, I'm sure you all want to get straight onto downloading and playing the game rather than reading a lengthy news-post, so off you go - and as always, have fun, and I hope you enjoy playing Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey! :)

Regards,
Ryan

RainMan
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Bug Report(s)

Post by RainMan » May 18th, 2009, 6:59 pm

I just stumbled upon a bug, so I figured I'd make a thread for them.

Just passed the first 'boss'. When I headed toward the end of the level, I took a detour to get some balloons. There was a gravestone in the upper-right corner of the level and when I interacted with it, the dialogue from the beginning of the level repeated, then the game crashed. I'm going to try and reproduce it.

Yeah, same thing happened. I guess it's not the gravestone that I'm interacting with, but the character who flies away at the beginning.

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Bug Report(s)

Post by Ryan » May 18th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Dear me, looks like something silly slipped through playtesting after all! :tch:

Your guess to the cause is pretty close, actually - and I've now fixed it. I'll upload a fixed version tomorrow - in the meantime, just avoid interacting with that gravestone!

Good spot, anyway - thanks for the report. :)

Ryan

Edit: update now released.