Orbital Snake version 2.2 released!

News and updates about Orbital Snake - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Orbital Snake version 2.2 released!

Post by Ryan » May 1st, 2010, 1:40 pm

Hello everyone! :)

As you might have guessed from the title, this is to announce the release of Orbital Snake version 2.2, available in the usual place.

So, what's changed?

Well, as well as several minor improvements, there are two quite important new features:
  • There is now a Difficulty Bonus awarded for each area, based on how cluttered it is. This means that there is now a very good reason to persevere with a particularly difficult area! This change also affects the way that scoring works throughout the game, and there are various other factors affecting it, too... But I'll let you discover those for yourself. ;)
  • You can now optionally set a password for your username in your User Control Panel, which allows you to ensure that you are the only player using that name! Of course, you'll still be able to submit your scores anonymously... But why would you want to do that when you can proudly claim all of your chart positions? ;)
As always, please make sure to update your copy of the game, as you'll need to be using the latest version in order to access the high score charts. And of course, if you've any comments, questions or suggestions, please do post below.

Above all, hope you enjoy the new version! :)

Regards,
Ryan

Mad Murphy
Playtester
Playtester

Re: Orbital Snake version 2.2 released!

Post by Mad Murphy » May 3rd, 2010, 12:17 pm

Love the new difficulty bonus, I now look forward to a hard level being generated.

On a side note. I think having the speed timer gauge flash red when it gets low would be cool as it is difficult to see. Nothing worse that a speed increase when you least expect it.
During a tour of Mongolia, Kylie Minogue was surprised when made fun of by an intelligent Hell's Angel with a smelly chocolate. (Generated by REGNUS - http://www.regnus-scripting.info/)

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Orbital Snake version 2.2 released!

Post by Ryan » May 3rd, 2010, 3:52 pm

Mad Murphy wrote:On a side note. I think having the speed timer gauge flash red when it gets low would be cool as it is difficult to see. Nothing worse that a speed increase when you least expect it.
That's a good idea, actually. I'll write it down. ;)

Ryan