°0\ Online Novel /0°

Forum-based games and other long, themed threads...
Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

°0\ Online Novel /0°

Post by Balloony »

After Question Thread, Alphabet and Google Image Search, I think it's time for a continuative thread that demands for a bit more activity than typing in some words or copypaste random links. Here your creativity and imagination is sought-after :)

Idea:
- To create a online story with open principal topic, plot and ending. And of course without dimension limit. Each member can join/leave at any time and contribute as long as he or she wants.

Two recommendations:
  • Let your passages correspond to the previous ones or continue these in a comprehensible fashion. The contributed parts should fit together and produce a steadily growing but fluently readable story.
  • Neither make your contributions very short nor extremely long. One single sentence does not really help the story to grow, then again, a very long post claims a rather large share of the plot which isn't fair against the other writers.
Enjoy :D

To provide a basis and some ideas, I wrote a short introduction which can be continued but also considered as being closed for now and continued later (or being completely closed). Between these two connected parts, there could be a flashback or at first maybe an introduction about the kingpin (main character). As desired :).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5th of October. The fall had come these days. And although it was still young, heavy clouds hanged in the sky, covering it all with a bleak texture of grey and white and painting
bulky shades slowly moving over smooth grass hills that border an empty rural road running straight through the landscape.
While looking at the scenario, I felt somewhat sad. It was half past three in the afternoon and not one single sunray seemed to be able to get through
that dark wet potage and enlight the ambiance. Moreover, the temperatures had dropped notedly since noon, which I accurately could track as the heating
of my old MG had blown last week. Now, as I slowly started to feel chilly, I opened the air condition slots and immediatly enjoyed a warm air stream with
weak gazoline smell. The car mechanic on saturday had not only forgotten to replace the heating unit but seemed to have no clue how to distinguish
air condition feed pipes from engine vent tubes. However, somehow he'd managed it to allow me to switch between internal and external output, just by toggling the
slots. What fun. Though not really an applicable replacement.
After two minutes of befuddling, I decided to close the slots again as I had headache anyway and the smell made me feel only more sick. But I didn't touch
the window-lift and not only because I'd have lost the saved warmth then. Somehow, it made me feel a lot more comfortable to sit into this stinking cabin than
leaving the air in from outside. It was part of the darker and darker growing world surrounding my car, whose lights I just had to turn on.
Last edited by Balloony on June 23rd, 2006, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aloshi
Magic Number 400
Magic Number 400

Post by Aloshi »

Err, question: Can the story be extremely stupid and/or comical?

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony »

Aloshi wrote:Err, question: Can the story be extremely stupid and/or comical?
As for the first aspect, I'd like to say no and for the second one yes of course (as I tried to put some comical content already into the introduction). However, I don't want to put up rules or something.
Maybe we get some nice mix of comical content, some action and suspense. Let's see :)
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Dalboz
Magic Number 180
Magic Number 180

Post by Dalboz »

by "kingpin" you mean...?
"In the depths, no one can hear you scream. Well, they can, but it's
really muffled."

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony »

The main character :)
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Dalboz
Magic Number 180
Magic Number 180

Post by Dalboz »

after a month of inactivity for this thread, I'm ready to continue the story of the "Kingpin".

CHAPTER 1:
"The Overdue Flashback Sequence"

5 months ago...

"Mr. Daniel Kingpin, you are under arrest for...uh... wearing shorts in church."
"This is stupid. I'm a buddist! And wearing shorts in church is to the best of my knowledge, legal."

The "police officer" pulled out a pistol.
"There is no need for that."
"Then come with me."
"For some reason, I don't think you'll be taking me to the police department.'
"OK, then. My employers will not be very pleased, but at least they'll get a chance to dissect your body..."

(please continue...)
"In the depths, no one can hear you scream. Well, they can, but it's
really muffled."