Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey version 1.2.6

News and updates about Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey version 1.2.6

Post by Ryan »

This is to announce that Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey version 1.2.6 is now available to download, containing a whole bevy of fixes, balancing tweaks and improvements, particularly affecting the Versus Battle game:
  • Fixed minor text display bug causing erroneous extra spacing between some paragraphs.
  • Fixed bug allowing players to be damaged by their own umbrella in Versus Battle.
  • Fixed bug causing the effects of red aspect crowns to last for twice as long as they should in Versus Battle.
  • Fixed discrepancy between mana received and displayed when collecting star balloons in Quest For The Ankhs and Versus Battle.
  • Removed erroneous display of Ankhs in the Act-selection screen for Through The Looking Glass.
  • Reduced Rickard's available Hearts in Through The Looking Glass from 7 to 4.
  • Players now begin games in Versus Battle with the ability to drop four bombs simultaneously.
  • Versus Battle scores are now reset when returning to the main menu.
  • Powerups and mana in Versus Battle are now reset between games.
  • Reduced maximum time of a Versus Battle game from 13 minutes to 4 minutes.
  • The timer in Versus Battle now counts down, rather than up.
  • Slightly adjusted display and formatting of Lore entries to improve readability.
  • Minor and miscellaneous code optimisations and improvements.
The updated game is available to download in the usual place, and a full changelog for this and all past updates is available here.

And of course, please do feel as welcome as always to post below with any further thoughts/comments/questions/suggestions.

Have fun! :)

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

launch game and... error!

Post by Oxens »

Hello, Ryan.
I have not been here for a long time =)
I have a problem after the launch a game:

"Afterlife 2 has encounted an unexpected error (#14)!"

c73787aa13.jpg
c73787aa13.jpg (36.52 KiB) Viewed 5628 times

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: launch game and... error!

Post by Ryan »

Oxens wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 12:47 pm
Hello, Ryan.
I have not been here for a long time =)
I have a problem after the launch a game:

"Afterlife 2 has encounted an unexpected error (#14)!"
8|

You're quite right - the game has started doing this on my system too, despite working just fine the last time I ran it, which I can only assume might be due to some kind of Windows update in the meantime, perhaps? It seems to be claiming that it's running out of variable memory while loading. I'll investigate.

Thanks for the heads-up!

And welcome back. :)

Ryan

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Afterlife 2: Rickard's Journey version 1.2.6

Post by Ryan »

Update: so it turns out that this was a really stupid bug introduced by me when updating the game installer since the last release and not checking I hadn't broken anything. D'oh. Update with the fix to follow shortly! Thanks for letting me know. :)

Ryan