Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson v1.6.3!

News and updates about Afterlife 3: Legends Of Rickard Bronson - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson v1.6.3!

Post by Ryan » November 18th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Version 1.6.3 of Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson is now available, with fixes to several bugs (including at least one or two serious issues). All players are highly recommended to update as soon as possible to the latest version! As always:

Download: www.rjbsoftware.co.uk/afterlife3/download
Changelog: www.rjbsoftware.co.uk/afterlife3/history

Have fun! :)

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Error!

Post by Oxens » December 5th, 2013, 5:49 pm

---------------------------
Unexpected Error!
Oh no! Afterlife 3 encountered an error (#13:BEKCKBKDKEKBKHBBEHLHCGFGCF)! Please report this information to the author (CTRL+C to copy this message) at:

www.rjbsoftware.co.uk/forum

Thank you!
ОК

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: Error!

Post by Ryan » December 6th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Oxens wrote: Oh no! Afterlife 3 encountered an error (#13:BEKCKBKDKEKBKHBBEHLHCGFGCF)! Please report this information to the author (CTRL+C to copy this message) at:
Hmm, that's odd... I can't find anything obviously wrong with this Act at first glance. Do you remember what you were doing at the time the crash occurred?

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Re: Afterlife 3: Legends of Rickard Bronson v1.6.3!

Post by Oxens » December 7th, 2013, 9:40 am

Yes. I play in Act II and copy "Story code". After this, in Boss Act III i see this message. I think the error occurred after the defeat of the boss

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 7th, 2013, 5:20 pm

Hmm. Was this before or after you had entered the portal? Do you remember what equipment were you carrying?

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Post by Oxens » December 7th, 2013, 5:32 pm

This happened immediately after the last strike. Outfit: Bombs, shrapnel, mines, water bombs, umbrella

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 8th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Do you remember what weapon it was that you used to hit the wraith Djin the last time? And was the Djin destroyed by the hit, or did the game crash immediately as you hit the Djin?

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Post by Oxens » December 8th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Just played and fought with the Queen (Boss) and again got this error: (An error occurred as the last time: the choice of weapon (spiked bomb)

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 8th, 2013, 5:09 pm

Hmm. :?

Do you have the error code for that most recent error, please? (It should appear at the end of your adventure log file for that game...)

When you say "spiked bomb", do you mean mines, or spikeballs? And was the same weapon used for both the Djin and the queen slime?

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Post by Oxens » December 8th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Code:

--------------------------------------------------
Oh no! Afterlife 3 encountered an error
(#13:EKEKCKDKEKDKGHIIBLEGAJDHF)! Please report
this information to the author at:
www.rjbsoftware.co.uk/forum - thank you!
--------------------------------------------------

Answer: I have used in both cases spikeballs

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 9th, 2013, 3:56 am

Hmm. This sounds like the bug might be triggered by killing a boss using spikeballs for the final hit, but I can't spot anything that should cause a problem like this, and I've just played quite a few boss fights using only spikeballs, and still not encountered a crash. Mysterious. I'll continue investigating.

Did you have any traits in both games which might have had an effect, I wonder?

Ryan

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 10th, 2013, 5:44 pm

I'm still struggling to reproduce this bug. I've tried killing both bosses numerous times using spikeballs, both on foot and from the balloon, and not yet managed to cause the game to crash.

Did the game crash immediately as you hit the boss for the final time, or did the crash occur after the boss had been destroyed?

Were you playing as Rickard, or Raymond? If Rickard, were you on foot, or in the balloon at the time?

Is there anything else that you can think of that might have been unique about the circumstances in which you encountered the crashes?

Have you killed bosses using spikeballs on other occasions and not triggered a crash?

(Sorry for all the questions - I'd just quite like to find the bug in time to fix it in the next update! ;))

Ryan

Oxens
Magic Number 13
Magic Number 13

Post by Oxens » December 15th, 2013, 2:14 pm

1. The game gave the error immediately after applying the final blow. (though not sure it's final. Can not check).
2. I played outside Rickard balloon. (For the first time I hear about Raymond =) I'm intrigued).
3. I had a thought - maybe this is due to give a monster during the selection of bombs? But how many times I checked and nachego happened = (
4. I did not venture to kill bosses with the aid spikebals. But until now there were no errors.
I am very happy to help. And I was attracted your attention to the current problem. Thank you for your attention =)

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » December 15th, 2013, 3:26 pm

Oxens wrote:I am very happy to help. And I was attracted your attention to the current problem. Thank you for your attention =)
No problem - thanks for all the helpful answers. :)
Oxens wrote:3. I had a thought - maybe this is due to give a monster during the selection of bombs? But how many times I checked and nachego happened = (
Do you mean that you were in the process of changing weapon at the time the boss died?

Ryan