Injuries

General discussion about Evowok Breeder and a place to share hints, tips and help with other players. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
Qabach
Star Player!
Star Player!

Injuries

Post by Qabach »

Do you have any tips for how I can learn about things like how to heal injuries? My evowok is accumulating them, and the doctor can't do much about it. Most of my fights end up as drawn-out battles of attrition, where I can only land about 10-20% of my hits. In one battle, I was missing almost every hit, and the ones that did land only did 2 damage, which wasn't anywhere close to overcome the enemy's recovery, so I had to retreat after about 20 minutes of combat. I feel like I must be doing some things wrong, but I haven't figured them out yet.
“Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve the sales.”
-Stephen Hawking

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Re: Injuries

Post by *starshine* »

I've found that going to the doctor and then walking around town for a bit heals most of my injuries. Especially once you're outside Jasper and on the bigger map - then they heal really quickly.

But I think some things like teeth and claws can't be healed by the doctor and so need to just heal on their own over time. So if your moves rely on those then that might be the problem?

What evowok do you have? The lupi's moves are most affected by injuries I think.

Qabach
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Qabach »

Yep, you're right. I have a lupi, I'm relying on bite, and its teeth are badly hurt. Walking for a couple minutes after visiting the doctor didn't seem to help. At this point, I'm not sure if I can even make enough money to get the map and leave town, since I can't consistently beat the children. I'll poke around town again and see if there's something else I'm missing, or if I can get a second evowok to help the first one get through fights.
“Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve the sales.”
-Stephen Hawking

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Post by *starshine* »

Hmm that's tricky - I think teeth take quite a long time to heal. How'd they get so damaged - did you bite something shelled?!

You should still be able to do some damage with pounce though, if your other injuries heal (especially your body)? You could try to focus on Outreach matches with 2 other players so they damage each other and you can just try to stay alive longer than them...

Qabach
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Qabach »

Yeah, I did bite a shell. Oops.
An outreach fight was the one that I had to retreat from due to stalemate. I'll try pounce again - I pretty much stopped using it after a couple fights because it seemed to be missing a lot more, but now that my wok's teeth are all smashed up, maybe I need to give it another chance.
-Stephen Hawking

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Post by *starshine* »

I've started with a lupi too, and I'm doing much better with pounce, especially against smaller opponents. It's been pretty reliable for me apart from when I've taken injuries to the body. Your skill at the move increases the more you use it - mine is up to nearly 80% with pounce now. And you can spend experience to improve your skill in a move too.