Evowok Breeder - a few questions

General discussion about Evowok Breeder and a place to share hints, tips and help with other players. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
Jona
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Evowok Breeder - a few questions

Post by Jona »

Hey I started playing a new game a few days ago after some bad decision making lol and now I accidentally sold my main evowok(I forgot that the evowok buyer is in the healer room at the town that sells the boat). Is there any way to go back a auto-save or am I doomed? I also spotted some issues and I have a few questions.

-Will powering up my evowok always be very grindy? I haven't reached the new islands so maybe It'll get easier, but I am running out of trainers to defeat to continue earning income and training. I ask because the main reason I am even winning tournaments is because I bought the 100 prowess gnirt who is really strong and latch on is an extremely useful(maybe cheap?) skill. Which is why I am sad because I sold my starter and I have been working on him since day 1:( I also wanted to try out other evowoks but the amount of training they need would take quite a long time.

-I see talks about evowoks mating but it has yet to occur, is this another feature added later?(just to make sure it's not just an issue)

-Will 2 evowoks always be the amount you can have on your character?

-Also sorry if my english isn't great it is not my first language but been working to perfecting it:P
Last edited by Jona on July 14th, 2017, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Re: Evowok Breeder - a few questions

Post by *starshine* »

You sold your main evowok?? Oh wow. :( No, I don't think there is a way to go back - the game autosaves. Guess you'll have to just pick another evowok to build up. I'm always paranoid about this, especially when I release an evowok - I'm always worried I might release the wrong one accidentally!

I've found that my evowok build up experience and training quite quickly if I am using them regularly - my main evowok is one I caught in the wild and built up just by playing with it a lot. I've not found it to be too grind-y to build up my main evowok - once you've won the prize fights in each stadium there are regular pit fights there of different levels you can do, which are good for building up experience though you don't win money for them. Plus everywhere you go has more chances to fight people, so when you get to the islands in the south you'll find more people there. You can also catch quite big evowok once you get further out from the centre of the map, so you can try other evowok - I like to enter new evowok in 2 player fights with one of my existing ones so I can see how good they are :).

Haha as far as I know, you can't get evowok to mate in the game, and two is the most you can ever have with you. You can find or buy evowok eggs though - have you done that? I had a really disappointing thing where I bought 2 evowok eggs from a beachcomber for quite a lot of money, and then they hatched and were both baby heesquees. What a waste of money! :?

Jona
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Post by Jona »

Yea I found a egg in the well at the town south of amethyst forgot name... maybe carnelian? Also found another egg at the village that was destroyed, but both were woks I've had before. I bought my gnarl and I must say he is definitely the one i bring to all my important fights :D. I try to keep 2 mains because training the skills up to 100 can be tedious especially since I miss more when it's not at 100%.

I was pretty upset about it when I sold my starter lupi at first(trained all the way to 70 prowess>.<), then right after I found a 2nd form Qax at 60 prowess and he is exactly what I needed since he can use psychic abilities and is sturdy :D so it all worked out.

Yea I remember talking to a npc... forgot where since there is so many and I just recently decided that it's definitely important to take notes lol. He said that if you have at least 3 woks in the same area they can possibly mate, Would've been cool to be true.

*starshine*
Playtester
Playtester

Post by *starshine* »

The qax is my favourite - that's my main evowok. I think it's the best one in the game :D

It's really funny you mention taking notes - I have started keeping notes about each town in a notebook because I was getting annoyed that I kept forgetting where I spoke to people about things. I thought I was the only one ;)

Jona
Magic Number 18
Magic Number 18

Post by Jona »

Yea I had to so many quests and sometimes there is some that aren't tasks xD. Plus there is sooooo many skills that are spread out, lol that's when I realized it's time to bust open the note pad