What were the aspect powers?

General discussion about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest and a place to share hints, tips and strategies with other players. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
C3K Software
Magic Number 4
Magic Number 4

What were the aspect powers?

Post by C3K Software » August 2nd, 2019, 4:10 am

And why were they removed from the game? :wtf:

Ryan
RjB Software

Re: What were the aspect powers?

Post by Ryan » August 2nd, 2019, 3:00 pm

Ah, aspect powers in the first Afterlife were superpowers available in older versions of the game when Rickard had collected the Crux for a Realm (much like the aspect powers received from Aspect Crowns in Afterlife 2 & Afterlife 3).

They were removed largely because they often made completion/perfection of the remaining Acts for the Realm a bit too easy once the Crux had been found, but didn't really add much to the game otherwise.

Ryan

C3K Software
Magic Number 4
Magic Number 4

Post by C3K Software » August 4th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Damn.. too bad! :(
Some of the cruciforms are hard to find, and it would be like a reward for the hunting, or somethin like that
But its cool that you work hard on the game and stuff.

I have one more question...
I looked at an archived version of your site, and it had orbital snake II on it, what mystery has happened there? Did the snake get lost in space? I am just interested :) There were also some of your older games too

But alas, i'd like to say that Afterlife truly is an example of a game done great. So much content, and so fun to play. Would you be interested in an interview perhaps? I'd host it on my site :tophat:

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » August 5th, 2019, 3:35 pm

C3K Software wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 3:53 pm
I looked at an archived version of your site, and it had orbital snake II on it, what mystery has happened there? Did the snake get lost in space? I am just interested :) There were also some of your older games too
Haha, yep, I made quite a few other games many years ago, most of which are probably best left firmly in the past. ;)

As for Orbital Snake, yes, there was a previous incarnation of the game, which had a sequel. The current Orbital Snake is a completely rewritten remake which (hopefully) encapsulates the best of both of the original games.
C3K Software wrote:
But alas, i'd like to say that Afterlife truly is an example of a game done great. So much content, and so fun to play.
Thank you! That's always really nice to hear. :)
C3K Software wrote:
Would you be interested in an interview perhaps? I'd host it on my site :tophat:
Well, sure, I guess I'd be happy to answer some questions. By all means drop me an email if you'd like. :)

Ryan

C3K Software
Magic Number 4
Magic Number 4

Post by C3K Software » August 15th, 2019, 3:21 pm

sent the questions! awaiting response