a problem with reaplays

General discussion about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest and a place to share hints, tips and strategies with other players. Please use the [spoiler] tag where appropriate!
Kipod

a problem with reaplays

Post by Kipod » January 22nd, 2009, 2:12 pm

hi, i've download this game yesterday and im hooked, this game is awesome!
you've done a great job.. looking forword to more games from you.

umm, about the replays.. i've downloaded a couple of files from the site but i cant view them.
any suggestions?

and another thing.. can you throw me a couple of words about the pros and cons about the first 2 baloons? i couldnt tell the diffrent. thx :)

Qabach
Star Player!
Star Player!

Re: a problem with reaplays

Post by Qabach » January 24th, 2009, 3:52 am

To play a replay, you have to open the replay file with Afterlife.exe (right click, select "open with", and then find Afterlife.) If you've tried that already, could you explain what happens when you do that? More information may help us understand what is happening.

As for the balloons, the main difference I have noticed is that the second balloon fires bombs more quickly. I seem to remember that the umbrella, however, is weaker on the second balloon.

There used to be a general FAQ stickied on the forum, but I think it may have been removed due to significant changes to the game.
“Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve the sales.”
-Stephen Hawking

Kipod

Post by Kipod » January 24th, 2009, 8:50 pm

thx, that worked!
now that you said it, i did notice the rate of the bombs is diffrent.
realy hope this FAQ will be here, got some "misteries" to solve.

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » June 29th, 2009, 12:47 am

Qabach wrote:To play a replay, you have to open the replay file with Afterlife.exe (right click, select "open with", and then find Afterlife.)
Just a quick note on this: as of version 1.9, the game automatically registers the relevant file extensions (although you have to "run as administrator" for this to work in Windows Vista, for reasons best known to Microsoft), so you should now be able to simply double-click the downloaded Replay (or Act!) file. :)

Ryan