Orbital Snake released!

News and updates about Orbital Snake - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, ideas or suggestions in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here.
Ryan
RjB Software

Orbital Snake released!

Post by Ryan » August 15th, 2009, 10:07 pm

Hello everyone! :)

I'm very pleased to announce the (re?)release of one of the earliest RjB Software games: Orbital Snake!

OrbitalSnake_Screenshot1.png
OrbitalSnake_Screenshot1.png (18.53 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
Having been working almost exclusively on epic projects such as the Afterlife games and our upcoming RPG Evowok Breeder, I really wanted to spend a little bit of downtime working on a small-scale project over the course of just a few weeks, and updating Orbital Snake to work correctly on modern hardware seemed like a nice idea...

In fact, the old code turned out to be so scrappy that I ended up completely rewriting it, which in turn led me to fundamentally redesign the gameplay too.

So, those of you who played the original will find that the resulting v2.0 game is a very different beast to its previous incarnation... But I hope you'll appreciate the improvement!

OrbitalSnake_Screenshot4.png
OrbitalSnake_Screenshot4.png (17.72 KiB) Viewed 1810 times
Anyway, hope you enjoy the new game, and all the best for now - more cool things soon hopefully, but in the meantime, have fun! :)

Regards,
Ryan

Edit: A very slightly tweaked version 2.0.1 is now available. :)