Afterlife v1.3 out now!

News and updates about Afterlife: Rickard's Quest - please post any version-specific feedback, thoughts, comments, suggestions, ideas or bug-reports in the appropriate (or latest) release thread here!
Ryan
RjB Software

Afterlife v1.3 out now!

Post by Ryan » July 11th, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hello all!

As promised, I've just released Afterlife v1.3, which finally clears up the missing zero-digit in the timers throughout the game, and also includes several fairly cool new features, including some new graphic effects, and perhaps most usefully, hints as to the whereabouts of the Cruciforms are displayed on the Game Status screen for all players. As usual, update details are available at the Afterlife History page, and please feel more than free to post below with your comments! :)

Good luck with those cruciforms, everyone! :bibble:

Regards,
Ryan

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » July 12th, 2005, 2:16 pm

Yeah, slight improvement, as in the last update, but uhm... was it necessary to remove the Shortcut to the Afterlife executable in the startmenu entry? Image

Greetz

Balloony
"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » July 12th, 2005, 3:18 pm

...Oops! That was an accident. You can always create a shotcut by right-clicking Afterlife.exe and selecting "Create Shortcut".

I'll reassemble the installer with the shortcuts back in place - thanks for spotting! :)

Ryan
RjB Software

Post by Ryan » July 12th, 2005, 5:01 pm

...Done.

The installer now produces Start-Menu and Desktop shortcuts again.

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » July 12th, 2005, 9:58 pm

Thanks a lot :D

Greetz

Balloony

Cryoburner
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Cryoburner » July 13th, 2005, 11:03 am

I like the new environmental effects, Ryan. They make the levels appear a bit more dynamic and interesting. I had to play some levels in each of the areas I've unlocked so far to see what each effect is like. I also completed a few more in Grimbone, but haven't made my way through that realm yet. The new information on the status screen is nice, too. The new effects certainly made this a worthwhile update though. : )

Balloony
Star Player!
Star Player!

Post by Balloony » August 17th, 2005, 9:26 pm

Finally (after getting a good replacement for my actually wrecked "baby"), i could see the environmental effect, just right on from the first act in firestone. These ashy flakes, waving up with the warm air (perhaps produced by lava?) are really nice.

Greetz

Balloony